Wednesday, May 5, 2010

When Everything Goes Wrong...

Do you ever have those days where you feel like everything is going wrong? Where you think it would be better if you just went back to bed, pulled the covers over your head and slept everything away? When everyone wants something from you and you are being pulled fifty different directions? Today was one of those days, I was at work, and nothing was going right, I didn’t feel like I could do anything else, and I felt like I would cry. It was at that moment that the song, “Savior, Please” by Josh Wilson came on the radio…

…I would like to share the song with you along with some thoughts of my own… the song lyrics are in BOLD and my thoughts are in Italic

Savior, Please – Josh Wilson

Savior, please take my hand
I work so hard, I live so fast

(This sounds so much like my life right now, always on the go and never stopping)
This life begins, and then it ends
And I do the best that I can, but I don't know how long I'll last

(I am giving all that I have and I am wearing out, I can’t do it much longer, I feel like my life is passing my by and before I know it, it will be gone)

I try to be so tough
But I'm just not strong enough

(I put up a front of being strong and tough, but I am realizing that I am not as strong as I thought)
I can't do this alone, God I need You to hold on to me

(I feel like I a toddler who is learning how to walk, I just keep falling and falling, I am at the point of tears and I stretch my arms up for You to pick me up)
I try to be good enough
But I'm nothing without Your love

(I try in and of myself, but I can’t do it alone, I can’t do it without You)
Savior, please keep saving me

(I need You)

Savior, please help me stand
I fall so hard, I fade so fast

(I feel like all I do is fall, again and again)
Will You begin right where I end

(I am at the end of myself, I cannot go anywhere else, will You take me?)
And be the God of all I am because You're all I have

(You are ALL that I have, ALL that I am)

Hallelujah
Everything You are to me
Is everything I'll ever need

(You are everything I ever needed!)
And I am learning to believe

(I am learning, slowly but surely)
That I don't have to prove a thing

(I am accepted for who I am, I do not have to prove anything to You)
'Cause You're the one who's saving me

(You are my hero, You make my bad days good, You bring the smile back onto my face, You keep saving me)


As I listened to this song and thought over these thing, I did all I could not to cry right there in the warehouse. I realized that I was trying in and of myself to do things and be someone that I was not meant to be. That I was doing things in my own fading strength that He was waiting to do in His unending strength. He was waiting for me to realize that He’s been there waiting to be, my hero, my strength, a shoulder to cry on, a helping hand ready to life me up, a joke to make me smile, my Savior, and ALL that I need.


My Lord, Savior, and Father is the one who takes the days when everything is going wrong and makes it right. He pulls the covers off my head and assures me that there is a plan even in the hard days. And reassures me that I don’t have to be everything to everyone, because there is only one person that He wants me to be, He wants me to be His and His alone. Today God took my bad day and made it new. Yes, I did allow myself to be miserable but I didn’t have to be that way, it’s your choice, how will you chose to live your day? Will you look to Him when you can’t do anything else?

Or will you look at yourself?

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this Hannah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. exactly what i needed.. exactly how i've been feeling.. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you are talking about me. It seems that the only way God gets my attention is by bringing to the end of myself. Then I get it and ask for Him to come along side of me.
    Thanks Hannah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This Sunday my pastor talked about the passage in Matthew about becoming like little children and your post made me think of that:) The greek world for child in the passage means infant or toddler-age. I like the picture of becoming like a little toddler, totally dependent, content, obedient, and satisfied with Him; Falling every now and then but always wrapped up in His arms like Jesus did the little children:) Thanks for posting it!

    ReplyDelete